- 1. OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAM:
This program provides a wide range of teaching programs in electrical engineering fields such as high-voltage generation, transmission and distribution as well as control and management of low voltage systems. Designing, installing and operating electricity systems in industrial plants, residential areas as well as national power networks are main tasks of an electrical engineer. Students will also learn decision making, problem solving, and critical thinking and communication skills through practical projects. In addition, our research and teaching programs are enhanced by the essential contribution of many experts from power companies, industrial factories, and construction companies. The increasing in the demand of electricity of the economy, including industrial and residential properties, offer many job opportunities for graduates from Electrical Engineering major.
The curriculum of Electrical Engineering program is developed based on the reference to the corresponding programs of top universities in the world. The curriculum is highly practical-oriented with modern equipment, especially, the students have opportunity to observe right on the spot the on-grid high power solar energy system, which is firstly implemented in the universities located in Ho Chi Minh City.
By pursuing the Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, students are provided with basic knowledge of the field as well as the specialized knowledge and skills in one of the following areas:
a. Generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity: students are provided with necessary knowledge and skills to design power plants, transmission lines, to design power distribution network for industrial zones, for urban residential area, buildings, and factories.
- Design the electrical supply which is compatible to IEC Standard,
- Design power plants, power grid, and substations,
- Economic operation and stabilization of power systems, and related subjects: lightning protection, relay protection and power automation, etc.
b. Power devices and equipment for factories, buildings, and residential area: students are provided with necessary knowledge and skills that are related to the design of electric machines and electrical drives for industry, refrigeration systems, and lighting systems.
- Apply PLC, industrial communication networks, and SCADA to industry and real life,
- Industrial – residential regrigeration, electrical drives, and lighting systems,
- Design lightning protection for civil and industrial construction.
c. Renewable energy: students are provided with necessary knowledge and skills that are related to the applied research on renewable energy, such as solar energy, wind energy, biomass, etc. for industry and real life; to generate electrical energy, to save and to use energy more efficiently.
1.2. Advantages of the high-quality program:
The high-quality program provides a professional educational environment with following advantages:
- Class consists of 20 to 40 students
- Lecturers are prestigious professors and doctors with practical experience, most of them were trained overseas.
- Convenient classroom with modern equipment for teaching and learning. Each class of students is assigned a dedicated room during the whole program; hence, students and lecturers can design the classroom as their choice.
- Students have priority to approach the experimental equipment earlier than the students from regular program, even the high-performance equipment serving for research and scientific project.
- Students are provided the necessary electronic devices for doing their project, free of charge.
- Students graduate with Very Good degree will be awarded the scholarship for studying graduate program at TDTU, or will be recommended to apply for full scholarship at foreign universities that have MOU with TDTU. Textbooks and course materials are selected from the most advanced program in the world. At least 50% of FEEE courses are taught in English. Students can audit other courses which are taught in Vietnamese at TDTU. Students have company visit at least one per semester.
- Students also get the PLC and Industrial Communcation Networks certificate after graduating.
- IELTS ≥ 5.5 or other equivalent English certificates MOS Certificate (³750/1000) on Microsoft Office
- Complete the following soft skills:
- Team Building, Leadership and startup skills;
- Writing and presentation skills; Industrial safety skills;
- Life attitude
- 5S and Kaizen skill;
- Self-study skill;
- Cultural integration of TDTU;
1.3. Career opportunities:
Students who graduate from Electrical-Electronics Engineering can find their jobs in following positions:
a. Research centers, institutions and universities: students are able to continue their studying in domestic and international graduate programs; to become lecturers/instructors in Electrical Engineering at colleges and universities around the country; to become researcher at Vietnam Research Institute of Electronics, Informatics and Automation, National Center for Technological Progress, high-tech parks, etc.
b. The electricity organization from central government to local authority: Electricity generation companies: Power Generation Corporation 1, 2, 3 (for Northern, Central, and Southern of Vietnam, respectively), and private power generation companies with more than 50 factories; the companies for exploitation, management, and doing business on electricity: Southern Power Corporation (SPC), Central Power Corporation (CPC), and Ho Chi Minh City Power Corporation (HCMPC) with thousands of provincial power branches at many provinces from Central to Southern of Vietnam.
c. Manufacturing companies, factories, and infrastructure developing companies: companies specialized on producing and installing the power stations, power grids for industrial factories, residential area, buildings, etc; companies specialized on manufacturing of electrical equipment, cubicles, power consumption devices, installing and maintenance of refrigeration equipment, and automation equipment in buildings, hotels, supermarkets, etc.
d. Designing, consulting, and technical support for electrical products: graduated students can fill a position to design, consult, and monitor the implementation of power systems in industrial factories, urban development companies, construction companies, companies for exploiting and operating of services related to electrical equipment, etc.; or a position of consulting and technical support for electrical products in distribution companies like Siemens, ABB, Schneider Electric, Dien Quang, CADIVI, LIOA, to name a few.
- 2. LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE PROGRAM:
The Expected Learning Outcomes (ELOs) is the starting point of the curriculum design process and is built according to a rigorous, scientific process in which it reflects the vision and mission of the university and faculties and is suitable to the course objectives and meets the needs of stakeholders.
The ELOs will be concretized according to the principle of "directional compatibility" in step-by-step subjects to help learners gain professional qualifications & skills in knowledge, skills, attitudes and professional responsibilities after completing the training program. The content of the program also enhances group work activities, training habits of active self-studies and creative thinking for students to be proactive and ready for development opportunities.
The ELOs are committed by the University to students, society and published on the Website.
- 3. THE UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMME:
The curriculum is a system of theoretical and practical knowledge that is designed synchronously with the method of teaching, learning and evaluating learning outcomes to ensure learners accumulate knowledge, gain the necessary competencies according to the published expected learning outcomes corresponding to the university level. The curriculum of Ton Duc Thang University is built in a way that is compatible with the program of the world's TOP 100 universities according to the rankings of QS and THE but is adjusted to suit the conditions and realty in Vietnam and the training target of Ton Duc Thang University.
Periodically, the university reviews and evaluates the curriculum to ensure that the students meet the requirements of society in terms of professionalism after graduation as well as update the changes in technology and new business methods, etc. This process has the full participation of key stakeholders including scientists, employers, alumni, students, and lecturers. The TOP 100 program has been delivered by the university since 2015 to train human resources to meet the labor market and global integration trend, to help students to be more active and self-study, to approach the latest training approaches in the world.
The curriculums are published to students through student portal and on the website.