Lecturer of Electrical Engineering Department
- Ph.D., Automation, University of Da-Yeh, Taiwan, 2015-2017.
- M.Sc., Electrical Equipment, Network and Power Station, HCMC University of Education and Technology, Vietnam, 2008-2010.
- Bachelor, Electrical Engineering, HCMC University of Technology, Vietnam, 2003-2008.
- 2009 – 2011: Lecturer at Faculty of Electrical and Electronics, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education, Vietnam.
- 2011 – 2014: Lecturer at Faculty of Electrical and Electronics, Ton Duc Thang University, Vietnam.
- 2015 – 2017: Ph.D. candidate in Automation Major, Faculty of Mechanical and Automation Engineering, the University of DaYeh, Taiwan.
- 2017 – Now: Lecturer and Researcher at The University of Ton Duc Thang, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Areas of interest
Variable structure control, sliding mode control, full/reduced-order observer, time-varying delay systems, interconnected systems, linear/nonlinear systems.
 Cong-Trang Nguyen, Yao-Wen Tsai “Finite-Time Output Feedback Controller based on Observer for the Time-Varying Delayed Systems: a Moore-Penrose inverse approach,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2017.
 Yao-Wen Tsai, Cong-Trang Nguyen “Finite Time Sliding Mode Controller based on Reduced-Order Observer for the Mismatched Uncertain Systems with a Time Delay,” International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology, Vol. 6, Issue 3, pp. 141-148, February 2017.
 Cong-Trang Nguyen, Yao-Wen Tsai “A Decentralized Finite-Time Sliding Mode Controller for Large-Scale Systems: a Moore-Penrose inverse approach,” International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology, Vol. 6, Issue 4, pp. 232-240, April 2017.
 Quyen Huy Anh, Cong-Trang Nguyen “Determining Optimal Surge Arrester’s Location in Distribution Network,” Journal of Science and Technology, Ho Chi Minh University of Technology and Education, 2010.
 Yao-Wen Tsai, Van Duc Phan, Viet Anh Duong, Cong-Trang Nguyen, and Trung Dung Chu “Model Predictive Control Nonlinear System of Active Magnetic Bearings for A Flywheel Energy Storage System,” Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering 371, pp. 541-551, 2015. (Ei).
 Yao-Wen Tsai, Cong-Trang Nguyen “A reduced-order observer based variable structure controller with finite reaching time,” Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Control and Robotics Engineering, pp. 11-15, 2016. (Ei).