- Electrical Engineering program provides a wide range of teaching programs in electrical engineering fields such as high-voltage generation, transmission and distribution as well as control and management of low voltage systems. Designing, installing and operating electricity systems in industrial plants, residential areas as well as national power networks are main tasks of electrical engineers. Students will also learn decision making, problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills through practical projects. In addition, our research and teaching programs are enhanced by the essential contribution of many experts from power companies, industrial factories, and construction companies.
- Currently,we cooperate with companies such as: The Southern Power Corporation of the Electricity of Vietnam Group, Ho Chi Minh City Power Corporation of the Electricity of Vietnam Group, Russian – Vietnamese Joint Venture – Vietsovpetro, Ha Tien Ciment Ltd.,...
II. THE EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Apply the ideology as well as current policies of the government in practice
- Apply general knowledge such as mathematics, physics, chemistry and programming languages.
- Use English efficiently (IELTS 5.5 or equivalent), use Microsoft Office proficiently (equivalent to MOS certificate with the score at least 750/1000).
- Analyze basic electric, electronic circuits and systems.
- Apply the specialized knowledge to regular process and systems in electrical systems.
- Investigate the practical problems that may happen in electrical engineering systems and select the proper methods to solve unusual problems.
- Improve and upgrade the electrical systems.
- Conduct research to develop new solution for the problems in electrical engineering
- Design, implement and operate electrical engineering systems.
- Provide consulting, to plan, manage and deploy the projects related to electrical engineering.
- Can configure, program and execute an industrial controller for practical applications to satisfy the requirements for the certification of Programmable Logic Controller and Industrial Communication Networks; demonstrate the skills to prevent and avoid the accidents in industry to meet the certification of Industrial Safety Skills.
- Communicate effectively, including teamwork communication.
- Manage time and resources effectively.
- Display integrity and responsibility, follow strictly the safety rules and professional ethics.
- Demonstrate a passion to self-study and self-research to improve the specialized knowledge to be able to solve the practical problems in engineering; or passion to be leaders or entrepreneurs.
III. DIFFERENCE OF HIGH QUALITY PROGRAM
IV. CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Research centers, instistutions and universities: students are able to continue their studying in domestic and international graduate programs; to become lecturers/instructors in Electrical Engineering at colleges and univerities around the country; to become researcher at Vietnam Research Institute of Electronics, Informatics and Automation, National Center for Technological Progress, high-tech parks, etc.;
- The electricity organization from central governement to local authority: Electricity generation companies: Power Generation Corporation 1, 2, 3 (for Northern, Central, and Southern of Vietnam, respectively), and private power generation companies with more than 50 factories; the companies for exploitation, management, and doing business on electricity: Southern Power Corporation (SPC), Central Power Corporation (CPC), and Ho Chi Minh City Power Corporation (HCMPC) with thousands of provincial power branches at many provinces from Central to Southern of Vietnam;
- Manufacturing companies, factories, and infrastructure developing companies: companies specialized on producing and installing the power stations, power grids for industrial factories, residential area, buildings, etc; companies specialized on manufacturing of electrical equipment, cubicles, power consumption devices, installing and maintenance of refrigeration equipment, and automation equipment in buildings, hotels, supermarkets, etc.;
- Designing, consulting, and technical support for electrical products: graduated students can fill a position to design, consult, and monitor the implementation of power systems in industrial factories, urban development companies, construction companies, companies for exploiting and operating of services related to electrical equipment, etc.; or a position of consulting and technical support for electrical products in distribution companies like Siemens, ABB, Schneider Electric, Dien Quang, CADIVI, LIOA, to name a few.
V. RESEARCH TOPICS
- Optimal Operation in Power System;
- Intelligent Control – Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic, Evolutionary, PSO, Cuckoo Search, etc.;
- Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency. There are energy groups:
+ Renewable Energy Sources (Wind, Solar) → effectiveness, control, application;
+ Saving Energy Equipment → popular uses, energy efficiency, marketing target;
+ Energy Management → automation, smart, and flexible solutions.
• Code: F7520201
• Subject combination: A00, A01, C01
• Matriculation score in 2019: 22,50
• For more information, go to: https://admission.tdtu.edu.vn/en