- 1. OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAM:
Mechatronics Engineering program is referenced from world leading programs to develop in accordance with international training orientation. The program is highly applicable, helping learners to gain professional knowledge in mechanical, electronics, information technology and other advanced technologies to meet the demand for human resources in the 4.0 industrial revolution.
Participating in the Mechatronics engineer training program, students will be provided with specialized knowledge and skills in following fields:
a. Manufacture and control of robot
Mechatronics is the only special discipline that provides comprehensive and specialized competencies for students in designing and manufacturing robots, thus emerging as a key field in the industrial revolution 4.0, attracting the attention of scientists, large enterprises and special concern of the state. Specifically, the program provides the necessary knowledge to help students design and manufacture mechanical components, electronics control boards, actuators, as well as programming intelligent control software for robots of various fields, from autonomous robots, humanoid robots, micro and nano-sized medical robots, surgical robots to robots that perform heavy tasks in factory.
- In particular, the mechatronics typical design method in which the mechanical, electronics and information technology components of the robot are designed and manufactured concurrently, helps creating high performance modern products that traditional design methods can not achieve.
b. Mechatronic product design, manufacture, operating and improvement
Current typical mechatronics products such as new generation cars with electronically controlled engines, electric cars, new energy cars, modern aircraft, rockets, CNC machine tools, nano electromechanical system (NEMS), thought-controlled artificial arms ... show the creative and synchronous combination of mechanical, electronics, information technology, automatic control, sensor, and artificial intelligence technologies.
c. Device control and automatic system
- Providing skills in designing, installing, maintaining and repairing automatic equipment and system, specialized equipment to automate production and civil activities.
- Providing programming skills for industrial control devices such as microcontrollers, PLCs, sensor and data acquisition devices (DAQ),...
d. Production automation and industrial communication
- Provide necessary knowledge for students to analyze and design automatic control systems for production line, systems for monitoring production processes in factories, supervisory control and data acquisition system (SCADA), communication standards in industry such as MODBUS, PROFIBUS, CAN bus,...
1.2. Career opportunities:
Graduates of Mechatronics Engineering program can work in positions such as:
a. Universities, research institutes and centers:
Students have a solid foundation of knowledge to continue studying in domestic or international graduate programs; can participate in teaching or researching mechanical-mechatronics engineering at colleges and universities across the country.
- Researchers at mechanical research institute, institute of electronics - informatics - automation, high-tech zones,...
b. All domestic and foreign manufacturing companies in all sectors:
- Designing, manufacturing automation machines; operating, maintaining and repairing industrial machine systems.
- Engineers in charge of operation and maintenance of industrial electronic systems, industrial robots in production lines (such as automobile assembly, welding, ...)
c. Engineering consulting engineer in technology transfer organizations or automatic equipment trading companies:
Graduates can become experts in engineering designing, consulting, simulating, and analyzing to provide technology solutions according to customers' requirements.
- Technical support staff or product introduction for corporations manufacturing mechanical - mechatronics equipment.
d. Other opportunities: Students have a very high opportunity find jobs in foreign markets that require high technical expertise such as Japan, Korea, ...
- 2. LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE PROGRAM:
The Expected Learning Outcomes (ELOs) is the starting point of the curriculum design process and is built according to a rigorous, scientific process in which it reflects the vision and mission of the university and faculties and is suitable to the course objectives and meets the needs of stakeholders.
The ELOs will be concretized according to the principle of "directional compatibility" in step-by-step subjects to help learners gain professional qualifications & skills in knowledge, skills, attitudes and professional responsibilities after completing the training program. The content of the program also enhances group work activities, training habits of active self-studies and creative thinking for students to be proactive and ready for development opportunities.
The ELOs are committed by the University to students, society and published on the Website.
>> ELO 2020
- 3. THE UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMME:
The curriculum is a system of theoretical and practical knowledge that is designed synchronously with the method of teaching, learning and evaluating learning outcomes to ensure learners accumulate knowledge, gain the necessary competencies according to the published expected learning outcomes corresponding to the university level. The curriculum of Ton Duc Thang University is built in a way that is compatible with the program of the world's TOP 100 universities according to the rankings of QS and THE but is adjusted to suit the conditions and realty in Vietnam and the training target of Ton Duc Thang University.
Periodically, the university reviews and evaluates the curriculum to ensure that the students meet the requirements of society in terms of professionalism after graduation as well as update the changes in technology and new business methods, etc. This process has the full participation of key stakeholders including scientists, employers, alumni, students, and lecturers. The TOP 100 program has been delivered by the university since 2015 to train human resources to meet the labor market and global integration trend, to help students to be more active and self-study, to approach the latest training approaches in the world.
The curriculums are published to students through student portal and on the website.