- 1. OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAM:
The Automation Control program provides practical knowledge associated with the production process in industry, where human activities are entirely replaced by operations of machines and robots. Using modern electronic and computer technologies to design and manufacture production lines and automatic equipment in all areas of Vietnam industry is one of the main tasks of our engineers in the Automation Control Department. Students will also learn decision making, problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills through practical projects. The curriculum is highly practical-oriented, especially, the students can have hands-on experience with modern equipment sponsored by big corporations in all over the world.
By pursuing the bachelor degree in Automation and Control Engineering, students are provided with knowledge and skills in one of the following areas:
a. Control of automation equipment and systems:
- Provides the knowledge abouth the automatic control technology from basic to advanced, from classic to modern (PID, Fuzzy logic, neural networks, Kalman filtering, etc.) with the aim to get optimal, stable, and intelligent control for the system.
- Provides the skills to design, implement, maintain, and fix the automation equipment and systems, special-purpose sensors to automaticalize both manufacturing and real-world activities.
- Provides the programming skill on industrial control equipment such as microcontroller, PLC, and data acqusition devices (DAQ).
b. Manufacturing process automation and industrial communications: provides the students with necessary knowledge to analyze and design the control systems for production line automation and monitoring the manufacturing process, the data acquisition and monitoring systems (SCADA), standards for industrial communication networks like MODBUS, PROFIBUS, CAN bus, etc.
c. Robot design and control: provides the students with knowledge and skills to design and prototype the mechanical – electrical part, as well as design the artificial intelligence algorithms for the robots, which are applied in various fields from supermini robots in medicine to large robots in industrial factories.
1.2. Advantages of the high-quality program:
The high-quality program provides a professional educational environment with following advantages:
- Class consists of 20 to 40 students
- Lecturers are prestigious professors and doctors with practical experience, most of them were trained overseas.
- Convenient classroom with modern equipment for teaching and learning. Each class of students is assigned a dedicated room during the whole program; hence, students and lecturers can design the classroom as their choice.
- Students have priority to approach the experimental equipment earlier than the students from regular program, even the high-performance equipment serving for research and scientific project.
- Students are provided the necessary electronic devices for doing their project, free of charge.
- Students also get the PLC and Industrial Communcation Networks certificate after graduating.
- IELTS ≥ 5.5 or other equivalent English certificates MOS Certificate (³750/1000) on Microsoft Office
- Complete the following soft skills:
- Team Building, Leadership and startup skills;
- Writing and presentation skills; Industrial safety skills;
- Life attitude;
- 5S and Kaizen skill;
- Self-study skill;
- Cultural integration of TDTU;
1.3. Career opportunities:
Students who graduate with the Bachelor degree in Automation and Control Engineering can find their jobs in the following posittions:
a. Research centers, instistutions and universities: students are able to become researcher at Vietnam Research Institute of Electronics, Informatics and Automation, National Center for Technological Progress, high-tech parks, etc.; to become lecturers/instructors or researchers in Automation and Control Engineering at colleges and univerities around the country.
b. Domestic and international manufacturing companies in variuous fields: design engineer, operating engineer, maintenance engineer in modern production lines including automobile assembling, aviation automation, power plant, food production factories, manufacturing of construction materials and consumer electronic devices, etc.
c. Technical consultant companies, automation equipment vendors or technology transfer agencies: students after graduating are able to become technicians or specialists on consulting, design, analysis, and simulation to provide technical solutions for customers, who are business companies or govermental organizations; to become technical support engineers or sale engineers for the famous manufacturing corporations in automation and control engineering such as Siemens, ABB, Schneider, Bosch, to name a few.
d. Startup: Capable of starting a successful business in the field of electricity and/or automation
- 2. LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE PROGRAM:
The Expected Learning Outcomes (ELOs) is the starting point of the curriculum design process and is built according to a rigorous, scientific process in which it reflects the vision and mission of the university and faculties and is suitable to the course objectives and meets the needs of stakeholders.
The ELOs will be concretized according to the principle of "directional compatibility" in step-by-step subjects to help learners gain professional qualifications & skills in knowledge, skills, attitudes and professional responsibilities after completing the training program. The content of the program also enhances group work activities, training habits of active self-studies and creative thinking for students to be proactive and ready for development opportunities.
The ELOs are committed by the University to students, society and published on the Website.
- 3. THE UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMME:
The curriculum is a system of theoretical and practical knowledge that is designed synchronously with the method of teaching, learning and evaluating learning outcomes to ensure learners accumulate knowledge, gain the necessary competencies according to the published expected learning outcomes corresponding to the university level. The curriculum of Ton Duc Thang University is built in a way that is compatible with the program of the world's TOP 100 universities according to the rankings of QS and THE but is adjusted to suit the conditions and realty in Vietnam and the training target of Ton Duc Thang University.
Periodically, the university reviews and evaluates the curriculum to ensure that the students meet the requirements of society in terms of professionalism after graduation as well as update the changes in technology and new business methods, etc. This process has the full participation of key stakeholders including scientists, employers, alumni, students, and lecturers. The TOP 100 program has been delivered by the university since 2015 to train human resources to meet the labor market and global integration trend, to help students to be more active and self-study, to approach the latest training approaches in the world.
The curriculums are published to students through student portal and on the website.