Researcher of Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Ph.D. in Electronic & Electrical Engineering, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, 2009 - 2014.
- M.Sc. in Automation, Signal and Image Analysis, École Normale Supérieure (ENS) Paris-Saclay, France, 2008 - 2009.
- B.Eng. in Automatic control, University of Technology, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 2003 - 2008.
- 2014 - 2016: Postdoc researcher in Department of Information and Network, Telecom ParisTech institute, Paris, France.
- 2017 - 2018: Research Fellow at University of Surrey, London suburb, U.K.
- 2019 - now: Researcher at Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam.
Areas of interest
- Bayesian artificial intelligence (AI).
- Signal, sound and image processing
- Machine learning, neural network
- Renewable energy network
- MIMO sensor network
Awards and projects
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, “Energy and radio resources allocation under uncertainty grid of sources”, SolarCell, Telecom ParisTech, France, 2014 - 2016
- Best conference paper for applied mathematics (Math prize), 22nd Irish Signals and Systems Conference (ISSC), 2011.
- FP7-European project (ISI-PADAS) – master’s internship: “Diagnostic of driver’s mistakes by statistic methods”, Supélec, Paris, France, 2009.
- 1st prize and prize of idea in the contest “Creative Projects of Student 2007” of the Faculty of Electrical-Electronics Engineering, University of Technology, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam (project: “Face Identification for controlling PC”)
- 3rd prize in the contest “Creative Projects of Student 2007” of the Faculty of Electrical-Electronics Engineering, (project: “Modernize hotel with SCADA by Labview and PLC Siemens”).
- V. H. Tran, M. Coupechoux, “Cost-constrained Viterbi algorithm for resource allocation in solar base stations”, IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, 2017 http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7898519/
- V. H. Tran, W. Wang, Y.Luo, J.Chambers, “Bayesian inference for multi-line spectra in linear sensor array”, IEEE ICASSP conference, 2018 (Canada).
- V. H. Tran, A. Quinn, “The transformed Variational Bayes approximation”, IEEE ICASSP conference, 2011 (Czech).
- V. H. Tran, A. Quinn: “Variational Bayes variants of Viterbi algorithm”, Irish Signals and Systems Conference (ISSC), 2011.
- V. H. Tran, A. Quinn, “Online Bayes inference for mixture of known components”, Irish Signals and Systems Conference (ISSC), 2010.